ALEC FIGURACION’s The Eternity Between Seconds, a film about two strangers meeting at an airport and creating a fleeting, yet lasting connection, earned the top prizes in this year’s CineFilipino Film Festival including Best Film and Best Direction.
Earning five awards, The Eternity Between Seconds — which stars singer Yeng Constantino and seasoned actor TJ Trinidad — also took home technical awards namely Best Cinematography, Best Editing, and Best Sound Design.
Meanwhile, Therese Anne Cayaba’s Delia and Sammy — about an old, faded actress who tries to look for family who will take care of her difficult husband before she dies — took home awards for 3rd Best Film as well top acting awards for Rosemarie Gil (Best Actress) and Jaime Fabregas (Best Actor).
Also one of the night’s big winners was Dwein Baltazar’s Gusto Kita with All My Hypothalamus, which tells the story of four men’s interactions with a mysterious girl, as it won four awards: 2nd Best Film, Best Ensemble, Best Musical Score, and Best Production Design.
The awards ceremony for CineFilipino Film Festival was held on May 12 at the Kia Theater in Quezon City.
Below is the full list of winners:
• Best Film: The Eternity Between Seconds
• 2nd Best Film: Gusto Kita with All My Hypothalamus
• 3rd Best Film: Delia and Sammy
• Best Direction: Alec Figuracion for The Eternity Between Seconds
• Best Actress: Rosemarie Gil for Delia and Sammy
• Best Actor: Jaime Fabregas for Delia and Sammy
• Best Ensemble: Gusto Kita with All My Hypothalamus
• Best Supporting Actress: Ritz Azul for Mata Tapang
• Best Supporting Actor: Nico Antonio for Delia and Sammy
• Best Screenplay: Mga Mister ni Rosario
• Best Cinematography: The Eternity Between Seconds
• Best Production Design: Gusto Kita with All My Hypothalamus
• Best Editing: The Eternity Between Seconds
• Best Musical Score: Gusto Kita with All My Hypothalamus
• Best Sound Design: The Eternity Between Seconds
• Short Features Best Film (Open Category): Gabi ng Kababalaghan
• 1st Runner-up Film (Short Features Open Category): Siyudad sa Bulawan
• Short Features Best Film (Student Category): Santa Nena by Tim Rone Villanueva of De La Salle-College of St Benilde
• 1st Runner-up Film (Short Features Student Category): Mark and Lenny by Gio Potes of University of the Philippines-Diliman
• Supershorts Best Film: Orlie by Lino Balmes
• 1st runner-up (Supershorts Category): Bente Kwatro Awras by Eunice Maximo — ZBC